We have taken our short film project METHOD to the next level! We are exploring our characters’ complexities by translating their story to a comic strip and Graphic Novel Series, compiled of 8 Volumes each. Eva is highly emotional. A deeply hidden secret dictates her actions and shapes her personality day by day. An element of darkness in between a mixture of joy and sadness dreams and reality reveals a shocking parallel side in her current life in Vol. I. Download METHOD VOL.I Comic Strip and “Eva’s Secret” short story.
Contact Details: Ms Sally- Anne Long. Head of Marketing and Communications email@example.com mobile: 07447617591
Join us in the celebration for the launch of METHOD Trans Media Project 1 Our the newly created ‘METHOD The Comic Strip & the Graphic Novel’ Series
Reading Broad Street, Reading RG1 on 25th July 12 noon- 6pm
Register online at www.hekatefilmwroks.com/Event Free Entry, refreshments, fun activities and prize draw. All welcome.
This event serves us as an opportunity to make our filmmaking activities known to the people of Reading and also bringing a stronger sense of innovation, creativity and the development of Arts in the Reading, Berkshire, community. It is exciting to see how much talent there is here in Reading.
HEKATE Film Works is a film and video production company offering a wide range of video production services, from commercials to wedding videos, actor’s reels, video appeals etc.
We are also a growing ‘Filmmaker and Movie Lover’ online community featuring our popular Facebook group ‘Short Films Online’ and our Film Forum at www.hekatefilmworks.com where industry professionals and fans, alike, can share their views and ask questions. HEKATE Film Works main focus lies on creating inspirational theatrical pieces for the Entertainment Industry, thought provoking, powerful and memorable moving images, our dream is to greatly contribute to the 7Th Art world’s legacy. We have been in existence since 2012 with our Head Quarters in Reading, UK. Since then we have produced award winning short films and featured in some of the most important Film Festivals around the world including Palms Spring, Clermont-Ferrand, San Diego International Kids Film Festival and Depth of Field International Film Festival.
METHOD Trans Media Project 1 was born as an idea to add an extra element to our short film project ‘METHOD’, thus implementing our marketing and distribution strategy as well as being an initiative to offer ‘more’ to our fans and followers.
“ Independent Filmmakers nowadays are having to be extremely creative, inventive, innovative in order to reach their audiences, stand out and reach their goals’ Said Sylvia Love Johnson, Filmmaker and Founder of HEKATE Film Works.
METHOD Trans Media Project 1 has turned into an exciting opportunity to discover and showcase some very talented artists in the UK.
Over the next season we will be introducing you to amazing, yet still unknown, creative talent.
We are happy to use this platform to promote the work of a diversity of artist with our METHOD Trans Media Project 1.
More about HEKATE Film Works…Projects in Development
METHOD Short Film (pre-Production)
METHOD analyses Love: true love, fake love, falling in love, falling out of love, obsessive love, love between siblings, the first love of a boy.
We explore the bond between brothers, drama in difficult relationships, psychoanalysis and deception.
In the race to prove the right to ‘get the girl’ two brothers employ the “Method” only to end up revealing each other’s darkest side. In the depths of the story we find the tragedy of lost love.
Montana Mischief Feature Film (Pre-Production)
The 15 year old Janelle Montana is the Joan of Arch of the 21rst Century. Her story is set in gang mobster environment in the down to earth neighborhood of Lewisham, Southeast London.
The action packed story of a young girl who has suffered a great loss and receives an extraordinary calling. Montana Mischief focuses in how Janelle Montana deals with her loss; it will also reveal the bravery of her character and the loyalty of her teenage friends. Her decisiveness to take over her father’s business marks a new stage in her life and shows how she assumes responsibility, gains strength and builds her character. All these events clash with the celebration of her 15th birthday.
Our future and current events and activities include:
The ‘Montana Mischief Casting Call’
We have published the Casting Call for our first Feature film on www.starnow.com we’ve had a response of 900 applications and counting after only a week of publishing it. We are looking for very particular people, with unique attributes and most of all we want to find and showcase new talent around UK. We are making an ‘Event’ out this casting call, by publicising it largely, this is in order to raise funds for the filming, raise awareness of the project, to give as many actors/actresses as possible, the opportunity to be in the film and finally and most importantly to do a thorough and concise talent search.
First Auditions will be held in September – October 2015.
HEKATE Film Works Short Animation Competition, Round 3
After the first 2 rounds, over 300 applications to submit to our ‘invitation only’ competition, having discovered great talents, such as Katherine Jackson, Adam Webb and Rishi Rai we are taking it to the next level. For round 3 all artists are welcome to submit, no invitation required, plus there will be a £150 cash prize award and an Internship at HEKATE Film Works for the winner.
- HEKATE Film Works ‘Pop Art & Comic Competition’
We are thrilled with the great work that we have already seen submitted for our first round of the competition. Submissions close on 15 December 2015. Our Pop Art and Comic Competition is a wonderful method for discovering and showcasing talent around the world, which would, otherwise, remain unknown.
- ‘Reading Artists Network’ Events
We are gathering all the artists in Reading, Berkshire. Fashion Designers, Filmmakers, Photographers, Actors, Writers, Painters and more, to create our very own ‘Reading Artists Network’. Many artists and Film and Entertainment Industry Professionals in Reading have to constantly rely on London to find work and to make connections. ‘Reading Artists Network’ will be a great way to connect and work together in Reading, Berkshire.
The first Networking Event is to be held in December 2015 a ‘Cheese and Wine Party’ hosted by HEKATE Film Works.
- Award Winning HEKATE Short Films London and South East, Screening Tour
Community Centres and screening houses around London and South East UK will host our short films during our Tour in the spring of 2016 Short films to feature in this tour:
‘Art’s Eyes’ 2012
Award Winner, children’s short film. This beautiful, fun, inspiring and super Artful 12 minutes Movie shows the awesome creativity of 8 and 7 year olds Davide and Gabriel. They are the creators of all digital art, all the handprints, and the animation sequences. They also took all the still photos and 90% of the video.
‘She Moon Love Spell’ 2013
“Suggestive and Beautiful” Per Bohlin
“A lovely moment of Zen to start the day “John G.
Featuring the ‘inspirational’ ‘magical song’ “True Love”, original music theme from the Short film “She Moon, Love Spell” 2013 by Sylvia Love Johnson,
She Moon, Love Spell has inspired audiences around the world. Based on the novel by Sylvia Love Johnson “Mystic Dream” its main sequence depicts the moment when the 5 young protagonists of the story, meet in the forests, after dusk to perform a ‘love spell’. The theme song leads us to discover that the ‘love spell’ is cast upon humanity for the benefit of all people and of creation.
“Very Divine and Kudos for creativity, but most daring was the combined thrust for love, power and an in-depth display of spells…” Janet Kelly
‘Ethical Fashion: Tammam’ 2013
A short documentary film that focuses on environmental awareness with fashion as its core topic.
Fashion is a part of our culture our society our identity. How does fashion respect our home, planet Earth?
Atelier Tammam is a small traditional couture atelier (fashion studio and showroom) based in the heart of Bloomsbury, central London. They specialize in hand crafted, hand made, high quality bridal and evening wear.
Lucy Tammam tells us about their environmentally friendly practices such as planting a tree per each gown they produce, working in a fair trade basis and ensuring an ethical source chain while selecting only natural fabrics for her designs.
‘Forgotten Paradise’ 2015
Presently being shown at the Palms Spring Short Film Fest and in the Official selection of Depth of Field International Film Festival.
In search for the answer of some of the most important questions in life, two young boys 8 and 10 years old put into action their creative skills, they decide to make a film about fear and loneliness. Research, a spirit of adventure and pure child like reasoning results in a surprising turn of events. This short film is a hearty, emotionally uplifting comedy, a cinematic piece with poetic elements of spiritual awakening.
- METHOD Short Film (pre-production)
This short film will be completed in 2016
- METHOD Trans Media Project 2, the second edition of the METHOD Trans Media Project 1 with a further 4 Comics and Graphic Novel short Stories for what happened After ‘METHOD’ the short film.
- Montana Mischief Feature Film (pre-production). We shall enter production during the last quarter of 2016
All HEKATE Film Works Site members are invited to a Special Private Screening of the short Film “Forgotten Paradise”
To Celebrate Davide’s 11th birthday we will be holding a special private screening of our short film
“Forgotten Paradise” on 6th of May.
For more information on becoming a Site Member write to
Join our VIP list for free! Insert your name and email, to receive news about our launch date and the gifts you can win…
- 12 50% discount vouchers, one per each month of the year.
- A customised Art’s Magic Kids gift basket, containing 4 T-Shirts 2 hoodies and other surprises for your children .
Ethical Fashion Click to watch our Video
- A LoveSpellPoem Collection Set.
- The GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certification assures the purchaser that from processing to manufacturing, sustainable practices are used.
- The World Health Organisation estimates 20,000 deaths annually due to pesticide poisoning in developing countries.
- Eco- Fashion is rapidly moving in, although at its beginnings is just a matter of time before switching to organic becomes the norm and expected from all clothing manufactures, labels and designers.
- Our unique clothing brand is committed to preserving the environment with 100% Organic products.
- A field must remain pesticide-free for three years and cotton harvested by international organic standards in order to be certified organic.
- Organic cotton farming has a lower carbon footprint than traditional cotton farming; it uses less energy and fuel, emits fewer greenhouse gases into the air and reduces water consumption and toxic run-off.
- Organic farmers forgo the use of pesticides to control harmful insects, and instead use beneficial predator insects and old-fashioned techniques such as trap cropping to lure insects away from the cotton.
- Covering crops with leguminous matter and implementing crop rotations sustain fertility and keep the soil healthy and nutrient rich. Organic cotton farmers use traditional mechanical devices such as hoes and flame to remove weed.
- Organic cotton is typically hand-harvested and often hand-spun. This fabric’s production is on the rise and, according to the Organic Trade Association, comprises 0.76 % of global cotton production.
- The eco-friendly status of cotton can easily be displaced once the finishing process begins, as certain companies inevitably end up bleaching or dying the fabric, creating a product that is toxic and anything but eco-friendly.
- Regular cotton is the most pesticide-dependent crop in the world, accounting for 25% of all pesticide use. These chemicals are taking a toll on our environment and human health as a whole. Every T-shirt made of conventional cotton requires ¼ pound of harmful chemicals.
- According to the USDA, in one year alone over 50 million pounds of pesticides were used on U.S. cotton fields. These pesticides deplete the soil and pollute watersheds.
- Organically raised cotton is gradually winning over new ground both on the farm and in the marketplace. No toxins or synthetic fertilizers are used. Organic cotton is produced without the use of harsh chemical bleaches or dyes, or genetically modified organisms.
- Our organic cotton is dyed with low-impact dyes. Without the use of toxic hydrogen peroxide nor the use of chlorine bleaches to pre-treat our organic fabric.
- Organic cotton naturally wrinkles. Organic cotton naturally shrinks when washed and dried, which is why our products are sized to compensate shirking.
Sylvia Love Johnson has just began the Pre-Launch campaign for her new clothing line. The brand Art’s Magic & LoveSpellV is committed to the environment with 100% organic cotton and natural base dyes quality, sound and healthy fashion wear.
According to Earth Pledge, a non-profit organization (NPO) committed to promoting and supporting sustainable development, “at least 8,000 chemicals are used to turn raw materials into textiles and 25% of the world’s pesticides are used to grow non-organic cotton. This causes irreversible damage to people and the environment, and still two thirds of a garment’s carbon footprint will occur after it is purchased.”
Check out the pre-launch in Facebook
Eco-friendly fabrics enhance your life in many ways, they are irritant-free, naturally breathable, and hypoallergenic, better and lasting quality. Extra Comfort and knowing that we are helping preserve the environment are good motivations to switch to organic. It is wise to know about sustainable fabrics so that we make the right choices when we shop.
Join our VIP Client Email list: Eco-Fashion Magic Clothing Line Launch: Join our email list for NEWS, Gifts and More
To produce organic cotton the crops are grown using eco-conscious methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment. Organic production systems replenish and maintain the soil’s fertility, the cotton is grown without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and fertiliser. The ultimate goal is to build a biologically diverse agriculture.
Different certification organizations verify organic productions. In addition, organic growth regulations prohibit the use of genetically engineered seed for farming. Organic farming practices cultivate and enrich the land.
Regular cotton uses a vast amount of chemical pesticides and fertilizer: a third of a pound for just one nonorganic cotton t-shirt.
As the textile Industry adapts and manufacturers and retailers commit to research and produce environmentally sound and healthy garments, the consumer is left with the task of finding and deciding which natural fabrics are right their families.
Read more on Organic Cotton